Sunday, December 11, 2011

Gather at Christmas


The second day of my visit to Paula's home in Connecticut, 
I couldn't wait to stop in and see our friend Deanna
 at her beautiful shop Gather in Ivoryton, CT.

Ivoryton is particularly charming this Christmas season
 as they are celebrating with Illuminations....


Santa waves us in from the corner of the building....
Gather is a welcoming, comfortable, ever changing place to spend a few hours browsing for fine antiques, collectibles, 
new and unique gifts and delicious homemade treats.


On either side of the generous steps leading up into the store
 were scores of interesting things! 


I was intrigued by these old wood lanterns stacked outside. 



See, I told you that you would need some time to browse around.
Deanna's shop is set up beautifully and so...so...comfortably.
You can't help but feel right at home!


This place is an integral part of the community here in Ivoryton.
Local charity projects and goodwill abound.




Deanna has recently added vintage clothes, accessories, 
hats, purses and shoes to her shop!




sweets...



more sweets...




Antique tin types and all types of tea!


Old and new nutcrackers..
....in all shapes and sizes!



Antique Steiff stuffies!






It's an old fashioned Christmas here at Gather!



vintage jewelry...







You never know what you will find here...
Quimper!


...and candy!
...lots and lots of candy!



Sterling silver, ironstone, Bavarian china and antique dollhouse furniture keep company in this beautiful old cupboard.


I will be wearing this to The Ice Ball this year...
...in my dreams! :)


Stacks of vintage luggage...


This wonderful arched mirror hangs on the door
 of the dressing room.


Don't you love the window Deanna designed?


I love hanging around Gather...


...especially with my gal pals Deanna and Paula!





Cheers!
Here's to the season at Gather in Ivoryton, CT.


To contact Deanna send her an email at:
gather.ivoryton@yahoo.com

Thanks, Deanna for letting me share your special shop
 with all my blogging friends.

And thanks to all of you for the wonderful comments
 that have been left on these last few posts!
I appreciate you taking the time during this busy season sooo much!

Next up... a visit to Chester, CT...
:)

26 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love that I feel like I've been antiquing without even leaving the house! And to such beautiful shops!

Susette said...

Thank you for sharing such wonderful photos! It doesn't look like Gather has a website....I was wondering how I might find those adorable elephants hanging from the light fixtures? Thanks for your help~ :-)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Lots of eye candy - thanks for the tour.

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

Hey Laura,
What a great shop! I think it would be impossible not to have a great time.

By the way, I think you would look lovely in the green dress!

Have a wonderful week,
Hugs,
Susie

Vintage Gal said...

Oh my Gosh ~ I would LOVE to go there ~ such beautiful treasures. I saw quite a few I would go home with ;-)

Donna said...

I loved the statue with the lady with the hood, and so many other things, thank you for taking me shopping with you!

Cottage and Broome said...

Love the busts of the different woman, very fun. The coat was charming too. Laura Cottage and Broome

Karena said...

Laura so many great finds, what a shop!!

I hope you will come and enter more of my 12 Days of Holiday Giveaway Event! You will love the new unique gifts!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Tins and Treasures said...

Good evening, Laura,
I could spend hours browsing in a shop like this. Thank you for sharing the pics with us.

Happy Monday ~Natalie

Tanya said...

You had me at that big, light up Santa in the first picture...all the rest just added to the oohs and aahs! Happy Monday - Tanya

edit mt2s movies said...

I just love each and every stuff very much. Specially the Ice- Ball dress. It is really very much beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wow so nice shops & Shopping over there!!! Lucky you Laura!! Have a nice week... W. the Antiques Lovers

Unknown said...

Really a wonderful shop! A big shame noo to be there!
Desi of Creattivando from Italy
http://desidero-creare.blogspot.com

Dorthe said...

Laura, it is so amazing what you can show here-from your wonderful trip. If only one of this fantastic shops were in my nearby area I would be so happy--here are truly everything a heart can wish for- and even more.
Thanks again dear, for wonderful experiences.
Hugs,Dorthe

Ariadne said...

What a gorgeous post again, I really need to visit Connecticut!AriadnefromGreece!

Melissa said...

simply amazing! Wish I lived closer, I'd be there in a second!

Unknown said...

You did an amazing job of capturing this wonderful shop Laura!! Just the kind of store I would want to visit :)

xo

:) T

p.s. thank you so much for the very kind words you left on my blog today, they are truly appreciated!!!

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

You are so very Fortunate to have so many Wonderful Places so Close By! Thank You So Much for Sharing!
Have a Wonderful Day!
Hugs
Jill

Andy's Attic said...

Oh my! Gather looks like a place I could spend a whole day just gathering!!! Thanks for the tour,
Annette

Rustique Gal said...

Laura, wow, between Ivoryton and Stony Creek, I'd better gather up my best GF and head South! We don't have any stores as thrilling as these around here in W. Mass! Or if we do, I have yet to discover them. What fun!
Looks like a road trip is in order soon.
Hugs,
Sherry

Anonymous said...

"Gather" looks like a fantastic place to shop! I love the trophy the best.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful place, love those cute little elephant!!!

Big Hugs
Charo

Thilda said...

Oh, this blog is so full of lovely things! :)

Ana said...

I love when you blog about these shops full of gorgeous things. although we are soooo far away, everytime I wish I was there.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Oh I love how she displays...looks just like my style!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Jamie said...

What an incredible shop